The German-Canadian Business and Professional Assocation was established in 1967. Our members, both men and women, are German-Canadian business and academic professionals, consultants and entrepreneurs. The Association is officially bilingual and either German or English is the accepted mode of communication, the ability to understand spoken German is an asset for new members.
The purpose of the Association is the cultivation of friendship and cooperation among us with emphasis on:
- Promoting business and professional interests of our members.
- Promoting positive relations between our members and the public.
- Helping new German-speaking immigrants to become successfully settled Canadian Citizens.
- Encouraging and promoting networking between German and Canadian business people.
- Foster and preserve the German Language and Culture.
Wilfred L. Bitzer Award Proclamation
Sponsored by the German-Canadian Business & Professional Association
Bitzer Award Function – October 22nd 2013
This award has been established to recognize University of Waterloo Engineering students wishing to attend an established undergraduate exchange program in Germany or Austria, most notably, the Technical University of Braunschweig, the Technical University of Hamburg-Harburg, the Technical University of Munich, or the Technical University of Vienna. Two such awards, in the amount of $ 2,500 each, are available for the academic year 2013/14 to qualified Canadian UW students. Read more →